· Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis was born Jacqueline Lee Bouvier on July 28, 1929, in Southampton, New York.
· Taking after her mother, Onassis was a highly skilled horseback rider and loved riding
· Onassis was ambitious from a young age. This “Debutante of the Year” (so dubbed by a local newspaper) wrote in the yearbook that her life ambition was “not to be a housewife”
· She spent her junior year at Vassar University studying abroad in Paris
· Jackie O was an art lover and a great patron of the arts. During her time at the White House, Onassis invited leading writers, artists, musicians and scientists to socialize with top politicians at state dinners
· Some of her favorite designers include Chanel, Dior, Hubert de Givenchy and Oleg Cassini
"I loved it more than any year of my life. Being away from home gave me a chance to look at myself with a jaundiced eye. I learned not to be ashamed of a real hunger for knowledge, something that I had always tried to hide, and I came home glad to start in here again but with a love for Europe that I am afraid will never leave me."
--Jackie O on her time spent living in Paris
Here’s how Chic imitates Jackie O’s sophisticated style that made her famous worldwide:
Oleg Cassini’s famed leopard coat! You can get one in this fierce print designed by Via Spiga.
The faux leather appliqués give a modern feel to the classic sheath dress, Zara Sheath Dress with Faux Leather Appliqués.
The Jackie Ohh II Ray-Ban shades, dedicated to and named after the icon.
"Few women in history have captured the imagination the way she did, and it was Jackie’s courage and grace that have made her image an enduring one. She was an original, an icon."