Monday, April 18, 2011

Chic Grad Spotlight - Jacque Greco!



Jacque Greco graduated from Chic Studios NYC's 4 Week Professional Makeup Artistry program back in February and has been excelling in the beauty industry ever since! Prior to her training, she had over ten years of experience of a freelance makeup artist for Chanel, but is proof that taking a makeup artistry course really is for all levels! Here, we caught up with Jacque on her successes in the past few months:

CHIC: What have you been up to since graduating from Chic in late January?

JACQUE: "Since graduating from Chic Studios, I have worked on several commercial photo shoots and I have a big bridal event coming up in May! I am currently working on another shoot for a clothing designer, while also taking some time to put together my portfolio. Prior to Chic Studios, I worked as a National Freelance Makeup Artist with Chanel; since taking the Professional Makeup Artistry Course, I have seen a major difference in my work and it has also been noticed by the company!"

CHIC: What has been your favorite gig thus far?

JACQUE: "Of my most recent gigs, collaborating with Couture Cupcakes was definitely my favorite! I had the opportunity to display my work through many different looks from day to evening to silly and fun! For the first time in my career, I felt completely prepared and 100% confident, which gave the freedom and ease to perform at my best and thoroughly enjoy myself while doing it."

CHIC: What three products could you not do without in your kit?

JACQUE: "The three products in my kit that I can't live without would be MAC Strobe Cream, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar, and Naked Cosmetics 6 Stack Mineral Pigments, which natural, highly pigmented, and you can turn it into anything! Literally, anything!"

CHIC:
What has been your favorite makeup look thus far?

JACQUE: "My favorite make-up look would have to be what I call Clean Beauty: a clean, clear complexion while bringing forward my models best features for a pop. However, if you ask me tomorrow I might say something completely different!"

CHIC: What artists do you look up to?


JACQUE: "I have always looked up to Kevin Aucoin. His book, The Art of Makeup, was my first read on professional makeup artistry and inspired me to become a makeup artist! At the age of 14, I used his techniques to develop my own style while doing makeup for proms; 15 years later, I'm living the 'chic' life!"

***Thank you, Jacque! We look forward to watching as you take over the industry! You can see Jacque's work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jchicartistry/collections/.

No comments:

Post a Comment