Friday, December 21, 2012

CHIC ICON: GRACE KELLY


Grace Kelly not only won accolades for her beauty and style but also many honors for her acting. Some of her most famous roles include The Country Girl for which she won her Golden Globe and Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role, Rear Window and To Catch a Thief


The queen of the big screen turned Princess of Monaco when she married Prince Rainier Grimaldi III of Monaco in 1956.


While pregnant, photogs frequently captured pictures of Princess Grace clutching a leather Hermes hand-bag used to shield her pregnancy from the public. Thus, the Kelly Bag was born (as was her daughter Caroline!)


“You know, I just love Grace Kelly. Not because she was a princess, not because she was an actress, not because she was my friend, but because she was just about the nicest lady I ever met. Grace brought into my life as she brought into yours, a soft, warm light every time I saw her, and every time I saw her was a holiday of its own”. –James Stewart

We love Chic Icon Grace Kelly as well! See all of our Chic Icons here on our Pinterest board and learn how to recreate their timeless looks!

2 comments:

  1. The had bags look very classic to me,in my opinion.Also,I like Grace Kelly in "Rear Window".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, the handbags feel very classic. Feminine yet structured, the perfect power bag! :)

    ReplyDelete