Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chic Studios Grad Spotlight -- Danielle Klatsky!

Danielle Klatsky, who took the 4 Week Professional Makeup Artistry Course in January as well as the Basic Hair Styling advanced course, has been in high demand in the industry since she graduated! Here, an update on what she's been up to!

(R) Danielle in Class

we caught up with Danielle to talk about all of her recent successes!



1. What have you been up to since graduating from Chic Studios in late January?

I have been working nonstop, taking almost any opportunity offered to me. I found that most gigs are worth my time, even if the shoot won't help build my portfolio it might be a great time to network. I've done everything from head shots to music videos to drag makeup. I got hired to freelance with Bobbi Brown and a contract doing hair and makeup for all Conway ads and in store posters.

2. What has been your favorite gig thus far?

It's hard to say, because I've had a few! I recently worked at the GLBT Expo, providing free makeovers. I loved working with everyone who sat down at my station, giving advice to both women and men. I was also able to network with a tons of people, from a financial planner for actors and models to cake designers and wedding planners. You never know where you next gig is going to come from, so it's great to build relationships with everyone.

3. What four products could you not do without in your kit?

Right now I am in love with all things Bobbi Brown so my three products are:
* Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Liner in "Ink Black"
* Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara
* YSL Touche Eclat in 1, no joke it's a full night sleep in one pen!
* Illamasqua Pure Pigment in "Fervent" - its a brown pigment that has a blue sheen.

4. What has been your favorite makeup look thus far?

I am incredibly lucky to have friends that are very talented photographers who have given me the freedom to create whatever looks I want, and that has resulted in my favorite look to this day. I gave my friend a complete drag makeover. The shoot was so much fun and our sides where killing us by the end of the night from laughing so hard.

5. What artists do you look up to?

I love love love Alex Box, she is genius. What I love the most about Box is not only her perfect technique, but how she uses that technique in the most unusual ways. I think as the creative director of Illamasqua cosmetics, Box has developed some of the most amazing images and I cannot wait to see the images from each launch. It would be my dream job to work for Illamasqua.

6. You took the hair course at Chic Studios. Do you find it to be a benefit in the industry?

I think that the hair course was very beneficial. It opens the many more doors, and I also think it makes you more memorable. I have found that it is easier to book testing when you can do both hair and makeup. I also love to be able to create a complete look.




Danielle's Portfolio Photo Shoot Image, Makeup by Danielle Klatsky, Model Meghan

Congratulations, Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment